Torriano Primary School’s SEND information report sets out what we provide for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) throughout their time with us. It explains how we support them on to the next stage of their education. Our SEND policy* gives more detail about our day to day procedures.
You will find an explanation about the words with an asterisk* in our Glossary.
Camden Local Authority* also publishes on its website a Camden Local Offer – setting out a wide range of information about the specialist services, schools, colleges and organisations that can provide support and information for families of children and young people with SEND. It explains the procedures for requesting an assessment for an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP)*. You will also find information about:
- where to go for advice and guidance on SEN and Disability matters
- leisure activities for children with SEND
- arrangements for resolving disagreements and mediation*
The purpose of our SEND information report
The purpose of our school’s SEND information report is to inform parents and carers about:
- how we welcome into our school children with special educational needs and/or disabilities;
- how we support them in all aspects of school life and remove barriers to achievement;
- how we work in close partnership with parents/carers and children;
- how we make effective provision for all of our children with special educational needs and disabilities.
We will keep our SEND information report under review by asking parents and children what is working well and what they want to improve.