The biggest, bookiest celebrations of the year are just around the corner! This year, World Book Day takes place on Thursday 3rd March.
As always, we encourage all the children to dress up as a favourite character from a book that they love. This year to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Roald Dahl’s birth, our activities will be centred on Dahl’s fantastic stories. Here are some of the activities to look forward to on the day:
- World Book Day Assembly – featuring the world famous costume parade
- Lucy Literal’s Lovely Story Time– a chance for the children to hear a favourite story read by different teachers from across the school.
- Arthur Author’s Roald Dahl Discovery – each class will be exploring one of Roald Dahl’s fantastic novels
- Inspector Inference’s Hint Hunt– there will be items hidden all around the school over the next few days that will drop clues to this year’s theme book
- Drop Everything and Read– when you hear the bell, grab your book!
To help get the children started on their reading journey, every child receives a £1 World Book Day Book Token that can either be exchanged for one of TEN special £1 World Book Day books or used to get £1 off any book costing £2.99 or more. You can find out more about the books at worldbookday.com/books. Your child’s token will be handed out on WBD.